11 November 2011

Sepia Saturday 100: Thanks for the Memories!


When Alan Burnett and Kat Mortensen launched Sepia Saturday 100 weeks ago, their expectations were for a short run, perhaps through the Christmas holidays. One hundred weeks later, Sepia Saturday is still going strong thanks to the inspirational photos that Alan finds each week. The collage consists of the photographs that have inspired 25-35 bloggers to share their own photos, memories and stories each week. It was a joy to see the photographs that came before I started with Sepia Saturday 89.  Here's to another 100 weeks!  Thank you Kat and Alan!

For other images and stories inspired by 100, check out Sepia Saturday 100.

Update:

Unfortunately, the collage does not allow you to enjoy the images used in its creation. This video is nearly 11 minutes in length and features 93 of the 100 Sepia Saturday photos. Small image sizes were used in the hope that it would facilitate viewing, but it does make for rather small images that are best not viewed full screen. A few images were no longer available online. The video is set to 'Brilliante,' from Claude Bolling's Suite for Chamber Orchestra and Jazz Piano Trio.  A fitting theme for the brilliant idea behind Sepia Saturday. True to form, Sepia Saturday has me trying new things!

20 comments:

  1. I echo your thanks to Kat & Alan.Happy Blogday All!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so say all of us. Now who has the cake and the balloons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need a cake with 100 candles and 100 balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...cake...and champagne too! I love your idea of putting all of those photos together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto. I think it's a huge commitment to keep Sepia Saturday going every week. Thanks to Alan for doing that. Thanks to Alan and Kat for coming up with the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to put all the photos together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, creative idea to include all those photos. I wish I could enlarge it even more to see all of them.
    Nancy Javier

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the collage - it is a great idea. It must have taken a long time to produce.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is clever. And thank you for helping to make Sepia Saturday such a pleasure to curate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I think we will all echo your thanks to Alan and Kat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea for a collage, and thank you to Alan and Kat and everyone who contributes their photos to SS for our interest and intrigue! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine, champagne sounds great - but perhaps toasting with a pint would be more in keeping with SS!

    Nancy, I've added a movie of the images, my first attempt and the images are a bit on the small side still for viewing. But, at least you can get some idea of the images. I'm trying again with larger photo sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will return to watch this when I have a bit more time. A great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liz,
    Congratulations for being featured in Gini Webb's "May I Introduce You To . . ." segment for geneabloggers. I also appreciate the mention. You have one incredible blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Kathy - you know how long it took me to get started! Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful and the music is perfect.
    Thanks for putting this together.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visiting via your Interveiw on GeneaBlogger where I enjoyed reading about how you started Attics and Old Lace. How I'd love to find one, too. I have heard of Sepia Saturday and will visit there as well. I too love vintage photos and am fortunate to have some from my Great Grandmothers Photo Album which I have been posting about recently. I think you might enjoy some of the posts and certainly the photos. I will be following your blog with interest. Again congratulations on your GeneaBlogger Interview with Gini.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's official!!
    you've inspired me to do a montage of my own pics when I'll reach my own 100th mark.
    Great show!!
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!